This is a skill used to distract oneself temporarily from unpleasant emotions.
- Activities - Use positive activities that you enjoy.
- Contribute - Help out others or your community.
- Comparisons - Compare yourself either to people that are less fortunate or to how you used to be when you were in a worse state.
- Emotions (other) - cause yourself to feel something different by provoking your sense of humor or happiness with corresponding activities.
- Push away - Put your situation on the back-burner for a while. Put something else temporarily first in your mind.
- Thoughts (other) - Force your mind to think about something else.
- Sensations (other) – Do something that has an intense feeling other than what you are feeling, like a cold shower or a spicy candy.
Posted 9 months ago at 04:53pm with 25 notes
Tagged as: #ACCEPTS #DBT #dialectical behavior therapy #self harm #mental illness #borderline personality #bpd #substance abuse
- hopefulwanderer1 likes this
- dma278 likes this
- likeloveadore likes this
- snowflakes-and-snakebites likes this
- illusoryacid reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- a-imless-ly reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- awfullybigjourney likes this
- our-angel-olivia reblogged this from illusoryacid
- string-bean-world likes this
- readingbetweentheborderlines reblogged this from illusoryacid
- niki8954 likes this
- niki8954 reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- casperkiddo reblogged this from illusoryacid
- casperkiddo likes this
- howcanistaystrong reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- mademoisellemireille reblogged this from illusoryacid
- like-bees-to-honey likes this
- violeurs likes this