The miracle is not to walk on the water or to fly in the air but walk on the earth.
Today, is my friend Simon’s 26th birthday.
Or, what would have been his 26th birthday.
On April 1st of this year (I know, a little ironic), he passed away.
It happened while he was sleeping due to a complication from his diabetes.
But… It was just diabetes. This was a huge blow to everyone’s mortality.
I’ve spent my entire life saying, it’s just allergies, it’s just endometriosis, it’s just fibromyalgia, it’s just TMJ Syndrome, it’s just asthma, it’s just extra beats in the upper chamber of my heart, it’s just anxiety, it’s just depression, it’s just dissociation, it’s just traumatic flashbacks, it’s just a drug addiction, it’s just cutting, it’s just borderline personality disorder, it’s just a suicide attempt.
Yeah, and he just had diabetes, and it not only killed him but it broke the hearts of so many people.
Let me tell you about Simon, and please, I want you to listen.
Simon was a tall, lanky, pale character with a huge smile, rosy cheeks and glasses. He had the best laugh, and he laughed a lot. I worked at a local games and electronics store here, and he was quite the nerdy type and I’d see him nearly every single day. He loved table top games, dungeons and dragons, magic the gathering, everything. He could cheer up a whole room just by walking in with his goofy grin and positive, yet sometimes sarcastic, look at everything. He could tell someone was upset just by looking at them, and it was never going out of his way to make someone laugh or at least crack a smile. He gave the best handshakes, the best hugs. He would cheer me up so much every single day, and he’d always happen to show up whenever I just got through hiding in the back room of work sobbing my eyes out. Those were my favourite hugs, the ones where even though he would have no idea that was just happening in my day, they just somehow felt warmer.
The last thing I told him was that I loved him.
Look, you guys. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from having my friends die, it’s this.
There’s never a good or bad time to compliment someone, or tell them how you’re feeling. So do it NOW. Because, in all honesty, you have NO IDEA when the last time you’re going to speak to that person is going to be, or when you’re going to ever see them again, or see them alive.
You have no idea what may be going on in their life, they could be on the verge of killing themselves when they go home that night, they could simply be having the worst day of their life. They could get hit by a car, they could get mugged walking home from work. Maybe they’ll have a seizure (rip Lee <3).
The point is, your time to compliment someone, tell them how you really, really feel— that time is right NOW.
Who cares if they think you’re a creepy weirdo for doing it? Show them this post. Because the point is, even if it makes them HATE you.
At least someone said it.
At least they know.
And, should they pass in their sleep that night.
At least the last thing you said to them was “I love you.”
Please, you guys. It’s November 9th here, Simon’s birthday. Can we please make this a day, if not every day, where each and every one of you send texts, calls, messages, letters to everyone you know and even just say
Hey. I love you. You’re awesome, and I just wanted you to know that I really care.
Do it for them, do it for yourself, do it for me.
Do it for Simon, who saved my life more than I think he knew.
Stay frosty, soldiers.
And I love you. I do. I’m serious.
Please keep living.
Rest in paradise, Simon. I love you. <3
(Also, if anyone is really ambitious, you can do a MAIL IN money donation made in Simon’s memory to the Canadian Diabetes Association - Education at 1305 Summit Avenue, Prince Rupert, BC Postal Code: V8J 2A6) <3
Posted 1 year ago at 03:22am with 257 notes
Tagged as: #simon #<3 #rip #rest in peace #rest in paradise #birthday #birthdays #memorial #i love you #tristenwybou #sa #emotional #inspiring #do something good #please #keep living #stay strong
- stufaditacere reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- datxerniabitch reblogged this from illusoryacid
- modern-artist reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- modern-artist likes this
- opsie-daisie reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- belgianmonarchy reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- hopahontas reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- janicecrocker likes this
- rlord4 likes this
- godrics-holllow reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- vaticancancameos likes this
- rosygalaxy likes this
- rainbow-dirt likes this
- mir-lilfwuffeekitty likes this
- bitsofalmost likes this
- youallstarebutyouwillneversee likes this
- soulsheepsparky likes this
- dragonlady364 likes this
- disordered-and-insane likes this
- illusoryacid reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- escaping-w0nderlandd reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- liraa reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- batmansecrets reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- sheisapsychedelicmess likes this
- filipinodope likes this
- invisibletears-stain reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- our-angel-olivia reblogged this from illusoryacid and added:
- takeit-toheart likes this
- takeit-toheart reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- shutupcaitlinxx reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- freakstiel likes this
- secrets-and-lies-to-hide likes this
- awfullybigjourney likes this
- sonhosemvermelho likes this
- xrasch reblogged this from aoi-dieichi
- xrasch likes this
- pregnantmermaidsyo reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- wlknight likes this
- majorcaroldanvers reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- hruwehrjehe likes this
- thefearlessangel reblogged this from aoi-dieichi
- x-0nlybabyscars reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- depression-is-no-good-life reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- denyandgoinvisible likes this
- lostbeingforeveryoung likes this
- marcoroni-freckles reblogged this from aoi-dieichi
- bitsofalmost reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- k-losslized likes this
- justanother-sadfreak reblogged this from our-angel-olivia
- thatinfiniteuniverse reblogged this from our-angel-olivia